Wednesday, September 22, 2004

One referal, Two referals....

9/22
This week has flown by so quickly, I don't even know where to start. I know interesting things happened in the past 2 days, but damned if I remember them. We had a fight in the cafeteria, on Monday I think. That is crazy. In the hallway, it is easy to block off the non involved kids. In the cafeteria, it was like watching water flow out of a pool that just had a hole punched in it. It was probably pretty funny, watching me, sitting on my chair with my donut pillow. NIce and quiet. Then I leap out of my seat and start shoving through kids. I get to the front, then little ol 5 foot me starts shoving the other way, yelling to go back to your seats. Half the kids just try to get past me, the other half saying "my seats over there", pointing in the direction of the fight. But there is no point to trying to explain to them, so I just keep yelling and herding. Eventually we get the kids seated again, and our principle comes on stage. It takes her 5 minutes to get the kids to shut up, and then she starts listing the consequences of their innapropriate behavior: losing outdoor time, possibly losing their pep rally. One table just kept talking, so I went over to try to quiet them down. I pointed out that they were not working towards keeping or regaining any privliges. They didn't care! They just didn't give a damn. I don't know why that amazes me so much, but it does. How can nothing affect them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home