Wednesday, November 26, 2008

3 weeks in and what do you get?

Sore feet. Perspective. Exhaustion. All of these things have accompanied my 1st 3 weeks of teaching.
Would I make the decision to teach again?
You betcha.
I love this. Even when my kids don't get what I'm trying to tell them.
I am so much more fullfilled here than I ever was as an assistant.

That being said, I am facince numerous challenges.
Lesson planning is eating my lunch. Teaching resource, there is just no standardization. My kids are around a 5th and 6th grade level. We are in Middle School. No one here has a 5th grade book. I'm not real sure of the standards for 5th grade.
And I have so many doubts.
Am I reaching them?
Are my lessons effective?
What about discipline? Am I doing ok on that?
Am I too nice? Am I too mean?
Should I assign homework?
What's the difference between easy and challenging?
How do you get there without the kids giving up?

I'm sure this is normal. I know the 1st year teaching is tough. Yet I can't quite escape the visions of getting fired, and then trying to pick up the peices. Can I make the grade? Can I help my kids learn?
This is what I don't know.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home