Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Banging my head against the wall

9/22
Sometimes, it seems as if I am in front of a brick wall, just repeatedly walking into it.
In Content Mastery, we often have "problem" kids sent to us. The teacher is tired of the kid, but doesn't have time to write a referral so they send them our way. Student M is that way. When I see student M walking the door, I groan inside. The first time M came by today, I tried to help him, I really did. But he just sang and danced and tapped (this annoying banging the table to a beat thing), so loudly, none of the other students could get any work done. So I told him to leave. He ran out of the room.
That afternoon M was back. Same scenario. I told him to leave and he ran out of the room. But this time I was not alone in the room, so I went to where his class was, and beat him there. Pretty amazing considering the breakneck pace he took off at. And the look on M's face when he saw me. He could just not figure out how I, a lowly adult, had beat him. Now when he sees me he turns and goes the other way. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home