Thursday, September 23, 2004

And they are off! (crap, come back!)

It had been such a quiet day. The kiddos seemed to be in a good mood. All I had left was 3o minutes of watching parents pick up their offspring. No big deal right?
Wrong.
The trouble started with an altercation between several ladies that almost ended in a fight. I sent the other teacher out there to get help while I tried to seperate the two girls. Well Ms. H comes out and gets one of the kids inside. Mr. C, another vice principle comes out to talk to a parent. Suddenly, Ms. H runs out, grabs Mr. C, and they run off towards the major highway.
Imagine what you would think, if you were 13 and saw your VP's running. Probably the same thing my babies thought.
"Wow, if they are running, something good must be going down."
So all my kids, 40 or so, get up on the benches to watch. When Ms. H and Mr. C switch directions and run towards the south end of the school, all 40 kids run after them.
All I wanted was to stop one kid. That's all. Just one. But they just pushed on by. This is when I was sitting there, frustrated, not knowing what to do, that I said "Oh shit!"
Right next to the girl I'd written up for cussing.
Yeah, that was a big slice of humble pie.

(I never did corral the kids, but the VP's chased em back)

prevent a fight. 2 vp's run off towards highway to chase a kid who was running away from a citation. then they run towards south side of the school. so do 40 kids.
I end up cussing next to the girl I wrote up. That looked good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home