Friday, December 03, 2004

My Momma said

Our kids are so creative at avoiding work. Some of them will tap repeatedly. Others will try to goad you into sending them outside. Some will just talk. But Brad, Brad has a very unique approach. At the start of the year, he would complain to me about Ms. W. How much he hated her, how mean she was. I finally got him to stop that. Then he just kinda stared off into space. We worked through that. Now his favorite thing to do is say "My momma". "My momma had me do it this way." or "My momma tells me to do the math this way." Now you'd think this wouldn't really cut down on his instructional time, but when he stops principals in the hallway to say it, and tells it to his regular ed teacher, and then tells it to me, well it adds up. But Brad, he over did it. Today Ms. W gave him a lecture: "We don't care what your momma tells you. She needs to tell us. She has our number." But Brad didn't seem effected. So Ms. W called "Momma". Surprise surprise, she wasn't upset with how we were teaching him at all.
I wonder what Brad's next trick will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home