Tuesday, December 14, 2004

One Concert, One student, One hour

That's what last night involved. One of my little girls is in choir, and I knew this concert was important to her. So I dragged my husband and we went. The whole way up there I was wishing I didn't have to go, that I had never promised it. When I got there I listened to young immature voices sing christmas songs, and tried not to wince. But then Lisa's group was on stage. Lisa is the only little girl I came there for. She was so nervous, I thought she might faint.
After the concert, I went and found her and told her "You did great Lisa!"
Her face lit up and she hugged me, saying "Thank's Ms. ______". Suddenly, I was glad I came. Lisa knew I took time to come to her concert, and that I was proud of her. It made the loss of an hour more than worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home