Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An Interesting Week

This past week was full of downs and ups. Yes, I recognize the phrase is "ups and downs", but the timeing was off for me. I started off the week with alot of drama happening. I ended it with some great experiences. Here's the play by play:

Monday: I had a sweet kiddo I had to restrain to keep him from hurting himself. It felt like I was holding him forever. When it was finally over and someone who has much more experience came to take over, I was just kinda limp. The class it happened in isn't easy for me anyway, so I made an excuse and took a few minutes to just sorta sit (It's two teachers in the room, so it was easier to do) and process. That night I struggled with guilt, feeling like I should have been more attentive to him, known that he was about to blow. I know that there is nothing I could have done, but right after something like that, it's hard to recognize.

Tuesday:The highlight of this day was going to our Special Ed meeting. I got to see several old friends from the school I used to work at. That was very nice. I also found out how things had played out with my kiddo from Monday. I'm still concerned, but not as much as I was before. I think I have an idea of how to help him now.

Wednesday: This was very long day. I was up early to bring up my ferret cage. I had a mentoring meeting after school, and immeadetly after that I had a faculty meeting. My husband picked me up. We ate dinner and went to our homegroup (a church thing). I was home after 10.
Oh, and it was a pullout day for Language Arts, so I was with my tough class without their regular teacher.

Thursday: I was yawning the whole time, but it was kinda funny. The class I'm the teacher for was supposed to have a guest speaker that day, but he was running late. So, I told them they could read for that period, either a book or something educational. Oh, there was much griping!
This class is boring! I don't want to be in here anymore! Silly me, I forgot they could have worked on their Power Points!

Friday: This was the good day. I brought my ferret up to finish off our Rikki Tikki Tavi lesson. I also had my program evaluator there for my first evaluation. My LA class was sooo excited about seeing Java, though only one student would touch him. When I presented later that day to a friends class, they were equally interested, and much more bold. Java was exhausted,but he enjoyed himself. I was able to end the week on a positive note, which I truly needed. As my evaluator told me, these kids will never forget Rikki Tikki Tavi now.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home