Friday, December 17, 2004

Seeing Red

One of my kiddos came storming down the hall the other day, and I was shocked. He didn't have any whites left to his eyes. They were all red. His hands were clenching and unclenching and every few feet he would hit a locker. He went to the end of the hall right as the bell rang. I saw some kids trying to pull him away from the door but he just kept going back. Fortunately the Art teacher had locked the door. This kiddo would pull on the door, storm around, hit a locker and pull on the door again. I tried going and speaking to him. He stopped for a little bit, but I couldn't get through the haze he was in.
Finally, the 7th grade counslor came. It took a few attempts, and 4 teachers walking behind them, but she got the boy to go with her. Next period, he was back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home