Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dec 6, 2006 (original publish date)

Finding books my kids can both read and are interested in is a constant struggle. So I was incredibly excited when one of our local librarians put several aside for me that are low level/high interest for minority students. 20 books for me to look through. Now the question is, how can I get my hands on more than just one?
Here is the list that I have so far.

145th Street Short Stories
By Walter Myers
Reading Level:5.1
(I love this one. The kids can read it in little bits, it is relevant to their lives, and it is in language they understand)

Slam
By Walter Myers
Reading Level: 4.5
(I'm pretty sure this was recommended by Mrs. G who taught the Freedom Writers)

Several Hip Hop Biographies that are perfect for individual book reports. I'll post a complete list later. Now to just finagle a way to get some for my class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home