Wednesday, November 26, 2008

[Feb. 12th, 2007|08:14 pm]

Some days, I feel completely overwhelmed. Often this happens when I'm exploring the internet, looking for resources for my classes. The amount of information is overwhelming. At the same time, what I need to teach these kids is overwhelming. Perhaps I need to find a new word, as overwhelmed is getting used alot in this post already.
So I'm sitting in a restaraunt right now, wondering, how the hell can I best make use of this stuff? What is the best way to teach these kids? Where do I start? What do I include? How can I motivate them to try? What if the lesson flops, or the website stops working?
I've made choices too based on this overwhelmed feeling. Scary choices.
You see, I love my resource class. I love making these lessons, finding things to interest my kids, breaking away from the mainstream.
But it is so much work. And my options for next year are Co-Teach or all Resource. I can't face the idea of that many lesson plans, that much exhaustive planning. I don't think I could do it. Not the way I would want to.
But can I give it up? Can I really just be a glorified Aide? That is what Co-teach is this year. Perhaps it will be better next year, but it is hard to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home