Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas is Over (1/4/07)

Yup, Christmas, and Christmas break, are over. It has been very difficult to come back to work. Yesterday was ok, as the teachers were tired and the students were tired. I struggled through another disjointed lesson. This time I was trying to introduce this units academic vocabulary. In some ways it went well. The word documents I created to give instructions included pictures. The kids were mostly able to follow it. But too many computers were not working. Add to that, all they had to do was cut and paste once they found the definition. Did they learn? How can I further integrate these words? I often feel that I am just throwing information at these kids hopeing they manage to catch some of it.
Today I realized that my lesson had changed, while my written objective had not. Ooops. I tried to integrate the old objective and add the new, but it felt akward.
And now, my co-teacher is falling back into old habits. As am I.
Perhaps I now know enough to realize I don't know anything about teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home