Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh boy [Feb. 7th, 2007|06:18 pm]

Well, I have volunteered for yet more work. I don't want to. I really don't. But the kids need the help. They want to learn.
Soooo, on Monday & Wednesdays, I will be offering tutoring in basic math skills to students I have in class.
I know, I'm a Language Arts teacher. What on earth am I doing?
I have said since I came into education, quit griping about what the kids should know and just teach them.
Well, I need to quit thinking about what I teach during the day, and just teach the kids. They want to know how to multiply and divide. Even if they know the right processes on the higher level math, if they get stuck at 7 x 9, they are still stuck.
I can't fix the school. I can't raise all the math scores. but maybe I can teach 6-10 kids how to do basic math. Maybe I can be key in their being successful. That's my hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home