Wednesday, November 26, 2008

rookieteacher - 6th period [Jan. 30th, 2007|02:35 pm]

I am exhausted. Some days, I come to 6th period, and I'm ok. My block class wasn't too bad. Other days, I come, and I wonder how I can make it for the rest of the year. We have so many challenging kids, and my co-teacher is not equipped to deal with today's "challenging" students. Could I do better, were I the teacher? I don't know. All I know is my hands are currently tied.
There have been improvements. She is trying new strategies. But her lessons are so boring! No wonder the kids act up. Nothing she does is interesting, even to me. Yet she thinks these print outs she's making the kids read are just great. It's hard to be in this situation. She's a nice lady, but she seems so disconnected from today's kids. I feel like I should fix the problem, but how can I? She contradicts me often enough.
Just a few more months. That's all I have to do, is make it a few more months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home