Wednesday, November 26, 2008

[Mar. 24th, 2007|11:06 pm]

I feel a little sick.
I know my kids have pages on myspace. So I decided to try to find one.
It was far to easy.
I entered one of my students name. Then I limited my search to within 5 miles of the school's zipcode. Bam, number 3 on my list is a picture of student #1. I go to his profile. He's lied about his age, given a bit too much personal information, nothing to terrible at a quick glance. Then I look at his comments and friends list. Bam, several other of my students there. One has her full name as her username. Another, when I go to her page has a picture with her full name visible. Also, she mentions where she goes to school,and lists her town.
I've got a long night ahead of me, and possibly several parent phone calls.
Oi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home