Thursday, October 07, 2004

Twas A Day In School

Twas a day in school, when all through the halls,
Not a student was listening, not paying attention at all.
Round the teacher’s necks, their cares had been hung,
Each praying for peace, before student’s necks they rung.

The children were yelling, as loud as they could,
We won’t do our work, even if we should!
Frustrated beyond belief, I stood up shout,
I can’t take it any more, I want out!

I’m tired of working, being insulted each day,
All this crap, for hardly any pay.
I pick up my bag, heading for the door,
I’m really upset, my temper very sore.

But then I see him, quiet as can be,
A student is trying, this amazes me.
The math is hard, but he sticks out his tongue,
He keeps working the problems, till at last he is done.

Tears fill my eyes, as he stands up to go,
And suddenly I remember, what I do this job for.
To teach that one student, anxious to learn,
To help him succeed, for this I yearn.

So I put down my bag, and walk through the mess.
I’ve found one reason to stay, I have passed the test.

(amazing how creative I get when days are hard)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home