Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Spring Goals [Jan. 6th, 2008|06:37 pm]

Sit down less during class: This one is kinda of teaching 101, but I have found myself falling prey to the sit down tempation. Sitting is comfortable. I like sitting. I like being at my desk, my own little space. But that isn't good teaching. Good teaching is going around the room and helping students. By circulating, I prevent/catch discipline issues. I can answer questions more easily. Plus, it's better for me physically. So, I have to get out of my sedentary self and avoid my desk. Not like I my desk is useful with it's constant stay of messiness.
I wonder if there is a way to make the desk harder to use, so I won't be as tempted to sit?

Get the Tech Club up and Running:
Specific ways to do this-blitz teh campus with adds about the meeting. Then have the students dive right into fun things, such as making videos (TAKS TIPs commercials perhaps?). Also pick several kiddos to work on website. Finally, come up with goals for next year for tech club. Oh, maybe a quick field trip?

Use my organizational tools daily: I start using a tool, and then I flit to something else. I need to use my tools consistently to get any benefit from them.

These aren't "resolutions" which are vague. These are goals to make myself a more effective teacher, with some ways to achieve my goals. Now lets just see how they turn outl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home